Post-cgen Advantage Requests

OOC game-related discussion

Moderator: CS Admin

Ptolemais
Shadowrunner

Post-cgen Advantage Requests

Post by Ptolemais » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:24 pm

Hi lovely people,

I'm not calling out anyone in particular with this post because this is a general trend that I've been seeing from basically everyone who has requested an advantage post-character generation in recent months, so please no one take this personally HOWEVER I would really like to see a slight improvement in the way this is done.

From this point on we will no longer be approving requests for advantages that do not explicitly explain why your PC should be granted that advantage in particular. This means please avoid language such as "he/she thought it would be a good idea" or "he/she was thinking about getting into it." These are not acceptable reasons.

So what kind of reasons are we looking for? Literally just one or two sentences that explain what your character has done in-game to warrant the granting of your request. "My character has been doing a lot of work off-screen learning how to do this thing." is completely acceptable. "My character has been learning from XYZ." "My character has been reading some self-help books and wants to give it a go now." "My character went through <IC event> and now this is the result." There's multitudes of reasons, but please just let the reason you give be firm and concise. It doesn't have to be a book, it just has to make IC sense.

Thanks!
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

dicanomi
Corpie

Re: Post-cgen Advantage Requests

Post by dicanomi » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:43 pm

"I didn't have enough AP in cgen, so I'm adding this now."
Scarling wrote:I want new stuff but not your new stuff and no I won't give any ideas for new stuff.

Seth
Shadowrunner

Post by Seth » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:14 pm

"I need this so my character can make more credits. Thanks!"

jlaughter001
Shadowrunner

Post by jlaughter001 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:36 pm

Is it out of bounds to be Yakuza/Mafia/Bratva and just make a living harvesting my own head?

Ptolemais
Shadowrunner

Post by Ptolemais » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:09 pm

I knew I should have locked this thread from the beginning. Why do I never trust my instincts?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.