BBP Briefcases

Trying to figure out what the admin have been up to? Game related changes go here.

Moderator: CS Admin

Post Reply
Rain
Site Admin
Posts: 1037
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:18 pm

BBP Briefcases

Post by Rain » Thu May 25, 2017 5:46 am

There's now a charge associated with restocking a BBP Briefcase. This is to encourage users to make large orders at a time, rather than knocking out the odd thing here and there.

allwheeldriver
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:02 am

Post by allwheeldriver » Sun May 28, 2017 5:24 pm

I get the logic behind it. Only person it hurts is the one without seven figures in the bank though.

User avatar
Mattski
Corpie
Posts: 966
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 1995 1:29 am
Location: California

Post by Mattski » Mon May 29, 2017 9:10 pm

allwheeldriver wrote:I get the logic behind it. Only person it hurts is the one without seven figures in the bank though.
i disagree. small time dealer can pass the costs on to his customers. big time dealer can order his 10k worth of drugs at a time and sit on 7k of them forever.

side note i have no idea what the surcharge is.

edit: it also makes opening a Drug Store a good idear.

User avatar
jlaughter001
Shadowrunner
Posts: 404
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:28 pm

Post by jlaughter001 » Mon May 29, 2017 10:22 pm

Mattski wrote:
allwheeldriver wrote:I get the logic behind it. Only person it hurts is the one without seven figures in the bank though.
i disagree. small time dealer can pass the costs on to his customers. big time dealer can order his 10k worth of drugs at a time and sit on 7k of them forever.

side note i have no idea what the surcharge is.

edit: it also makes opening a Drug Store a good idear.
I was going to chime in on this, but I decided not to. Enjoy your day!

Fall
Street Samurai
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:33 pm

Post by Fall » Mon May 29, 2017 11:11 pm

I'll chime in. The surchage is 5k just type restock. That is before you buy anything to restock with. So you still have to pay for the drugs in order to sell them. But now the margin just jumped up 5k.

Now, while I too can see the logic. I really do feel like this does hurt the newer dealers vs the older ones who already have mass of credits. I get this wa sput in to stop everyone from being a dealer and just supplying themslves butit really does make it hard for the new ones.

Sure you can charge whatever you want but people aren't always willing ot pay crazy high prices for drugs. On the other hand opening a store is even harder simply because then you have the 5k surcarge every time you want to restock, and the weekly rent.

I am all for building up conflict and stuff but maybe cut the price of this charge in half? Or make it apply when you have a certain ammount of credit? Or just increase the actual cost of the drugs for the dealers at base so that makes the market more expensive by default but allows for a better control of pricing? That way you can take small orders whenever you need to again but its still more expensive.

User avatar
jlaughter001
Shadowrunner
Posts: 404
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:28 pm

Post by jlaughter001 » Tue May 30, 2017 12:43 am

So yeah, Fall voiced most of my concerns, and broke the 5k barrier that I wasn't sure was "FIND OUT ICLY" knowledge. It's a vague line.

5k is steep, if say, you get an order for 100 Cortizac derms or something stupid. Chances are that you won't have that stocked ahead of time, normally.

Mattski said that you could just spread the cost out to customers, but with Cortizac generally costing, what, about 25c a piece, it's hard to tack a 5k price tag on top of it. And if 10k is a "bulk order" on drugs, I will eat my shorts. I would put a bulk order of drugs at 50k, no less, especially to cover the additional 5k cost.

For whatever reason, prices all throughout the game seem to be rising, and it is only hurting the newer/younger characters.

Edit:
In short, a character with a few hundred K, or a million in the bank can afford to roll out small increases on drug prices to an already demanding and metagamey market to make up for the 5k hike. A character with 30k trying to keep up...just can't.

Jesper
Shadowrunner
Posts: 229
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:16 pm

Post by Jesper » Tue May 30, 2017 2:56 am

I like this change.

Rain
Site Admin
Posts: 1037
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:18 pm

Post by Rain » Tue May 30, 2017 11:33 am

jlaughter001 wrote:5k is steep, if say, you get an order for 100 Cortizac derms or something stupid. Chances are that you won't have that stocked ahead of time, normally.
You've pretty much provided a solution to the problem right there. This is all about stocking up in advance rather than making stuff to order.

Bear in mind that you can't even get the advantage until you've got a month of play time under your belt. By then most players have a fair bit of cash available to them and should be able to bulk order. I've just taken a quick look at every character in game with the advantage and there isn't anyone who can legitimately whine about being poor. Even then, the surcharge itself can be swallowed up in one or two jobs even if they are feeling particularly skint.

Yes, a richer character could potentially flatten the surcharge underneath their bulging sack of cash, but then they've also tied up a large amount of money in product.

If someone really wants drugs off you there and then, they'll pay the surcharge for you. If they don't, you'll have longer to raise your own capital to offset the surcharge and then bulk ordering for next time.

The only thing this really limits is running up tiny orders, like knocking up two blue capsules for your friends every couple of days and not actually making the effort to sell to anyone else.

Rain
Site Admin
Posts: 1037
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:18 pm

Re: BBP Briefcases

Post by Rain » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:57 am

Whatever admin made the above change is, like, a total dick. Fuck him.

BBP Briefcases now charge varying amounts for the items you're buying, with the cost decreasing as the quantities increase.

GrimNocturnal
Corpie
Posts: 1010
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:42 pm

Re: BBP Briefcases

Post by GrimNocturnal » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:59 am

COMMON SENSE PREVAILS YAYYY <3

Rain
Site Admin
Posts: 1037
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:18 pm

Re: BBP Briefcases

Post by Rain » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:04 am

GrimNocturnal wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:59 am
COMMON SENSE PREVAILS YAYYY <3
*adds the charge back in*

Post Reply