DTV WarGroundz

Game-related announcements

Moderator: CS Admin

Solidus
Corpie

DTV WarGroundz

Post by Solidus » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:49 pm

Even though this addition to the game is IC in nature, it's interesting enough that it warranted a post on the forums for those $players that monitor the forums but don't login often.

Our combat system is robust and highly developed. But, it's also inherently unforgiving in our IC environment. As such, we wanted to showcase our outstanding combat system in a cool environment, while still pushing forward our Cyberpunk/IC narrative. So, we've released a new Arena Style combat game in DTV that allows for players to fight in large and changing maps in teams or individually. It costs a small IC fee, but there is (currently) no risk to player's characters. We'll keep the main IC/plotlines issues out of this post, but, a few notes of interest:

-Multiple Game Types: Battle Royale, Capture the Flag, Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch
-Combat skills not required: Your char doesn't have to have combat skills to enjoy this and win
-Different class and body types (these body types have their own stats/skills)
-Different weapons only found in the arena
-Will be updated regularly with new maps and styles of gameplay (probably just riffs on existing game types)
-It's ridiculously fun and addictive

It's a pretty awesome system and something we're particularly proud of. We'd love to have you check it out.

Mahina
Solo

Re: DTV WarGroundz

Post by Mahina » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:30 pm

It is super cool, thanks for putting it in. The games are really enjoyable and it's cool to have options. Also the classes are neat and there's a lot to explore in it. You guys did real good.

NobleCaos

Post by NobleCaos » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:59 pm

Basically what Mahina said. I do wish there was a little bit more time to view the map during deathmatches though. Three seconds, while probably enough for most, is not enough for my slow ass most off the time.

OmegaRed
Street Samurai

Post by OmegaRed » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:19 pm

So tried this out yesterday. Had a freaking blast. Most fun I've had with my pants on for a while. Really adds a new dimension to DTV/DG, and super excited to play all the time. I did find a couple fringe case bugs, which were quickly fixed. I played three death-match games and a CTF game.

I had a couple suggestions/random ideas: (These are not bitches/gripes/complaints - please don't take them as such.)
* Cost per round. 1K is pretty steep. Can we cut it down to like 250cr a game, or offer a daily pass for 2.5k or something? (As long as financial rewards aren't being issued to winners as a percentage of pot or something like that.)
* Would it be possible to add variety to the bodies? Like, tanks aren't always dirty infighting, but might be MMA with Krav or something X% of the time.
* All classes should have a H2H skill, even if it is just base brawling. That way you are never caught in the position where all you can do is RUN!
* Eliminate long KOs. Got caught with CS early in the game, and spent over 80% of the game unconscious. Just kill the player if they are out for more than 30 seconds.
* Add a little more variety to weaponry, or start with a very basic weapon.
* Add sub-game modes: So 1 out of 10 games is knives only, or rockets only, or grenades only, or amputated limbs only. Something random, silly, and harkens back to the fun Goldeneye 64 game modes of yesteryear. (Golden gun for everyone from spawn, pretty please.)
* Occasional uber-loot drop. Not even every game or every other game. Oh shit, there was a chamsuit in that supply bin, or a powersuit. Or a arm mounted minigun. Just silly, over the top things sometimes.
* Add a mini-map that can be referenced while in game and on the ground - doesn't need to be a radar, but should be able to figure out the maps a bit.

The maps felt well balanced, and the stats seemed to stack up right. In tank vs scout battles there seemed to be a good balance between scouts dodge and tanks tank-i-ness. Maybe an option to join as a spectator and jump from battle to battle to watch?

Anyways, I am really impressed with the obvious amount of work that went into this. Super, super fun and going to enjoy it for a very long time.